Thursday, May 23, 2013

stealth


Here are a few more pictures of people reading SILENT SKY.  It looks like Andy was reading it "on the fly" so to speak, and Jane must have thought a little airport ambience would add to the experience. It is true that there are some aviation scenes in the book, but not enough to put any non-pilots off, any more than a legal scene would put off a non-attorney or a car-racing scene would put
off a non-racer. 

I have been hanging out this week with an out-of-town friend who races dragsters and is in town to
meet with some big names who live in my town, might even be my neighbors.  When I listen to his stories, it reminds me of how many different worlds there are that co-exist right next to mine. People who win prestigious world drag races, people who are world-class waterskiers, people who own national companies, people who travel the world doing drum circles. These are the people I pass on the road (well the drag racer probably passes me . . . ) and stand behind in the grocery line. Incognito. Stealth. Secret treasure troves. We each have our story, big or small, and they all fascinate me. I am an incurable chit-chatter with total strangers I meet. Last week in the coffee shop line, I struck up a conversation with the fellow behind me. We were laughing and talking so much that the barista assumed we were together. When I said, "no, we just met," she refused to believe me. But the reality is that, whether just-met or old friends, we are all connected by our humanness. And every time I interact with someone new I am blessed with something - a bit of humor, an amusing tale, a piece of unexpected wisdom.

So get out there. Connect. You never know where it might lead.
 
Stealth fighter goes to the boneyard
And one more picture, courtesy of my friend Dane. It made me laugh. Happy day to you all!
 
xo, Cate
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Or email me at cjmighell@gmail.com. I love to hear from you!